Total Pageviews

Friday, February 04, 2005

THE VIEW FROM ABLOG

"But what if Maine does not have anything to say to Texas?"-- a review of the Telephone, 1878

A blog is an invitation to a total stranger to read your mail. Someone who won't tell you, as your mother or your doting friends will, that it's tremendous, colossal, stupendous...pretty good.

I have a friend who once managed a movie theatre. "I grew to hate humanity", he told me. "Then I realized that the only people I ever met were 'people who wanted to see the manager of the movie theatre.'

I figure, there are a lot of people out there who want to see the manager of the theatre when the seats aren't comfy or the show isn't up to snuff. This blog is not for those people.

I won't be writing about Politics because there's enough of that going on already. I will try and write about things that interest me. Perhaps they will also interest some of you.

There's one thing for sure: the type in this blog will be large enough to see.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

HI Alfred,

All right, I'll adjust my glasses, and the size of the type! And I guess I'll drop the silly pseudonym, I know I'm not really fooling anyone....