Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The New Camera

Hello all,

I bought my first digital camera today. It's a Panasonic Lumix, with a touch screen. Quite futuristic really.

Ironically enough I had to use my 1958 Contarex this morning to shoot the boats being lowered into the water at the Oakville marina by a huge crane. I'd promised Larry the harbourmaster that I'd do this, and the Contarex was not only the only camera I had available...it was the only camera there, period. The crane swung each boat out in a sling, for all the world like a giant playing in the bath with some very expensive toys. Everyone else was told that the crane crew would start at nine...I was told they started at seven, and so I was the only one there at the proper time.

I shot three rolls of film with the gorgeous (still functional, and extremely heavy) old German camera, then took them to the local camera store and bought the Lumix.

I'm about to try the new one out. It also takes movies, so let's see if I can get it to work!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!! I too have Panasonic Lumix DMC-LS80 Digital camera which got from Adorama last week... I appreciate it's pictures quality!! I captured many amazing pictures...
nny

Nancy said...

That's good to hear. I did a lot of research on digital cameras and it was a tossup between this one and the Canon...I love Canons, but the Lumix has one feature that I need now...the picture screen! (eyesight is not what it once was though I need new glasses!)

The Lumix FX500 also allows me to shoot manually, which I intend to do at times. So it will not just be a 'point and shoot' though I had it on automatic setting for these pictures.